Global Health Research
Search Global Health Projects
Johns Hopkins is working on global health projects around the world. Use our search engine to explore our work in combating worldwide health threats.
Enter your search term in the appropriate field. For keyword searches, separate each search term/phrase with either AND or OR. Help
Clinica Las Condes
The 216-bed Clinica Las Condes is one of the top private hospitals in Santiago, Chile. Founded in 1978 by a group of physicians, the hospital is a publicly held company with stockholders, including hospital physicians. In 2007, Clinica Las Condes entered into a 10-year affiliation agreement with Johns Hopkins Medicine International in early 2007. Under the agreement, Hopkins experts contribute to educational and consulting projects including:
- Joint Commission International accreditation
- Operating room performance improvement
- Observerships in several Johns Hopkins departments
- Speaking engagements
- Infectious diseases/ infection control workshop
- Medical second opinion and patient referrals
- Benchmarking/monthlyquality reviews
- Radiology performance improvement
- Architectural and engineering design
JHMI Leadership Academy
In 2007, Johnson and Johnson engaged Johns Hopkins Medicine International experts to provide Leadership Academy sessions to selected Lain American CEOs and Johnson and Johnson internal staff.
In the course of 3 separate trips, JHI provided customized Leadership Academy session in each of the following countries: Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Medico, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, and Chile.
Each session was customized with country-specific information and focused on:
- The key environmental forces in healthcare quality and patient safety and how they will impact hospitals and physician practice. This will reflect international trends, as well as customized information on local market influences and characteristics.
- The "Hopkins story" and Hopkins'' lessons learned on improving patient safety and clinical quality.
- Linking patient safety and clinical quality to organizational strategy.
- Specific leadership competencies and actions needed to raise organizational performance.