Coordinated by the JB Grant Society and the Center for Global Health
(Until Sunday, March 17, 2013)
The J.B. Grant Society will be hosting the Global Health Photography Competition as a part of Global Health Day
Who is Eligible?
1. Only for Johns Hopkins students and trainees. Staff and Faculty are not eligible.
2. Photos must be from a previous overseas experience in the past 5 years.
What are the Categories?
Child and Maternal Health
What are the guidelines?
1. Maximum of 2 photos in total per student
2. Submit all entries to email@example.com.
Send each photo separately and include in your message the following:
- Name of photographer
- Photographer school
- Photographer contact information (email and phone)
- Title of each photograph
- Location (city and country where photograph was taken)
- Category of photo (Choose from categories above)
- The date (if unknown, please provide the year) each photograph was taken (Photo must be taken in the last 5 years)
- This affirmation for images containing faces that are capable of being recognized: “ For this photo I asked for and received from those in the photograph verbal (at a minimum) consent to be photographed.”
1. Quality of each photo must be approximately 1600x1200 pixels; minimum 1-2 megapixel per image.
2. Format: JPEG or TIFF only
3. No collages or digital alteration of photos are accepted.
Photos will be judged on the basis of content (relevance to category) and quality (e.g. lighting, composition, focus) by an independent panel of judges (student and faculty).
Please note that cash prizes will for a category will awarded only if there are at least three photographs submitted by at least two individuals.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the best photograph in each category and to the best photograph overall.
Sunday March 17 2013
Conditions of Submission:
Photos will be screened for adherence to ethical principles and accepted photos will be posted to a Picassa album for display. Entries that violate copyright or the laws of the country in which they were taken are not acceptable.
By entering the contest, the Participant grants to The Center for Global Health, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use such photographs on its website, and publicity and other works as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the Center for Global Health, and to do so without requiring The Center for Global Health to notify the Participant, seek the Participant's permission, or owe any form of compensation to the Participant. This agreement will apply to all photographs and other submissions supplied to the Center for Global Health by the Participant and shall remain in effect until cancelled in writing by either party or superseded by a subsequent agreement.
To look at some of last year’s entries