*SUBMISSIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED!*
The Center for Global Health and J.B. Grant Society will be hosting Zoom.Snap.Health: The Global Health Photography Competition as a part of Global Health Day on April 10, 2014
Who is Eligible?
Johns Hopkins University students, trainees, staff and faculty.
What are the Categories?
Photographs taken during the course of overseas work and learning experiences are a way of conveying ideas about people, the environment, health problems and their solutions. Photos may be submitted in these categories:
Maternal and Child Health
1. Maximum of 2 photos in total per participant
2. Submit all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send each photo separately and include in your message the following:
- Name of photographer :
- Photographer school :
- Participant category: Student/faculty/staff
- Photographer email :
- Photographer phone :
- Title of photograph :
- Location (city and country where photograph was taken):
- Category of photo (Choose from categories above) :
- The date (if unknown, please provide the year) each photograph was taken (Photo must be taken in the last 5 years).
- This affirmation for images containing faces that are capable of being recognized: "For this photo I asked for and received from those in the photograph verbal (at a minimum) consent to be photographed."
Photograph Technical Guidelines:
1. Quality of each photo must be approximately 1600x1200 pixels; minimum 1-2 megapixel per image. (This is to ensure that the photograph is of adequate quality for digital use)
2. Format: JPEG or TIFF only
3. No collages would be accepted.
4. Digital alteration of photos should not be done/kept to minimum.
5. Photos must be from a previous domestic or overseas experience in the past 5 years.
1. Photos would be screened initially based on the technical aspects i.e. exposure, focus, color, lighting etc.
2. Then, photos will be judged on the basis of content (relevance to category), message, theme, creativity etc. by an independent panel of judges.
Students/trainees: Cash prizes will be awarded to the best 2 photographs
Faculty/Staff: 1 Best photograph will be awarded a prize.
* Most liked photograph on the Facebook album will be awarded a separate prize.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Announcement of Results:
It would be done on Global Health Day, April 10. The result would be posted on the website of Center for Global Health and the participants would be notified of the results.
Conditions of Submission:
Photos will be screened for adherence to ethical principles and accepted photos will be posted to an online album for display. Entries that violate copyright or the laws of the country in which they were taken are not acceptable.
By entering the contest, the Participant grants to The Center for Global Health, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use such photographs on its website, and publicity and other works as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the Center for Global Health, and to do so without requiring The Center for Global Health to notify the Participant, seek the Participant's permission, or owe any form of compensation to the Participant. This agreement will apply to all photographs and other submissions supplied to the Center for Global Health by the Participant and shall remain in effect until cancelled in writing by either party or superseded by a subsequent agreement.
To look at some of last year's entries
The Center for Global Health &
J.B. Grant Society